MiniMunkie is not the world’s best sleeper. She’s far too curious and busy to waste time with her eyes closed. She’s also very clever and comes up with a lot of cunning reasons why she should be allowed to stay up.
- She needs a drink. But not from THAT cup. Or that one!
- Her foot is sad.
- There’s a bee. Somewhere.
- Her pink fluffy turtle is thirsty.
- She needs her blanket. Not touching her. But closer than THAT.
- There are blackberries in the fridge.
- MoonMunkie is there.
- MoonMunkie isn’t there.
- She needs her baby doll. The other one. With the dress that got lost a month ago.
- Mummy is naughty.
- The chair isn’t in quite the right place. Now it’s in the right place but at the wrong angle. Bit more to the left. Back again. Left a bit more. There. Just right.
- There’s an unidentifiable noise which can only be heard by bats and MiniMunkie but it’s very annoying.
- She needs someone to hold her hand.
- She doesn’t want anyone to hold her hand.
- MamaMunkie is not wearing her glasses.
- She she’s not tired. Munkies don’t get tired. She’s never been tired. We can’t prove she’s tired so … Zzzzzz Zzzzzzz Zzzzzzz Zzzzzzzz