If you’re trying to find a special gift for a special person, or you’ve got someone who is impossible to buy for, why not consider making a gift for them. Come along to one of MoonMunkie’s “Stocking Fillers” workshops where you’ll learn to make a gift and take it away, as well as the skills to recreate it to your heart’s content at home.
Places are limited to an absolute maximum of 8 people per class. So please book early to avoid disappointment.
STOCKING FILLERS. Wednesday 22nd 7.30-9.30pm. £10 + materials* (Book in advance, pay on the day)
Festive hair clips: Learn to make 2 different hair accessories, ideal for gifts for little people or make something for the office party!
STOCKING FILLERS. Wednesday 29th 7.30-9.30pm. £10 + materials* (Book in advance, pay on the day)
Customised book: Make a hand folded and bound note book and customise it for that special someone in your life.
STOCKING FILLERS. Wednesday 12th 7.30-9.30pm. £10 + materials* (Book in advance, pay on the day)
Linocut Christmas Cards. Carve a lino block and then print with it. Take it home and use it to make all of your cards this year!
STOCKING FILLERS. Wednesday 26th 7.30-9.30pm. £10 + materials* (Book in advance, pay on the day)
Scandi-chic village. Make a stylish decoration for your home or to give to someone special this Christmas in the distinctive and cheerful Scandinavian style.
CROCHET FOR BEGINNERS with Maureen Grenfell: Saturday 22nd, 1.30-3.30pm £25 all materials included (payment in advance please) CHANGE OF VENUE – please check your EMAIL!
If you’ve always wanted to learn crochet this is your opportunity. The wonderful Maureen will be at MoonMunkie Studio to take a very special beginners class. Places are limited to 4 so that everyone has lots of one-to-one time with Maureen. All materials are included and you will be able to take home instructions and a hook to continue your work.
* +materials = you will be given the option to bring your own materials or to buy a pre-prepared pack from the studio.
We’ve just reached the end of a WONDERFUL summer school, based on the novel Journey to the River Sea by Eva Ibbotson. MoonMunkie Studio played host to 8 young people as we read the story together and then used it as a springboard to create some jungle art. The participants did SO well. I was impressed with their focus and drive as well as the artistic abilities they demonstrated.
You can see their work in the gallery below. DO leave a comment and reinforce how impressive their work is!
See the Upcoming Workshops page for all the details. But here is just a taster of what’s happening at MoonMunkie over the next few weeks. If you want to come and play, book early as space is limited. Drop me an email at email@example.com
Today was the Intro to Art Journaling Workshop hosted by Dizzydollylou. It was a lovely couple of hours. The ladies, all veteran crafters, were on top form and set to making mini-journals with vigour. There was glue and cake, pretty papers, cake, lovely silken thread, cookies and lots of chatter about fur-babies. Did I mention the cake? Homemade by Tams! Dizzydolly plied us with copious cups of coffee and tea. The atmosphere was most convivial and very conducive to Makery. And by golly what Makery they accomplished.
Sarah and Emma made mini-journals covered in fabric, with a lovely button fastening. Tams made a collaged cover of torn vintage book papers. (And I cunningly forgot to take a photo of it, so I’ll have to wait for her to send me one.) They’re meeting again tomorrow to finish them off and maybe make some journaling cards. I wish I could be there too!
Important Dates for your Diary
- Art Unequalled 3rd-5th May – If you live local to Bury St Edmunds, you really MUST drop in to in the Atheneum. It’s a fantastic craft fair, with really really talented people selling their work and demonstrating their skill. Dizzydollylou will be there with her gorgeous felt and silver. And also Emma Sadler, who was at my workshop today. She’s an amazing art photographer. You should go and look and like her FB page immediately so that you don’t miss out on any of her Don’t Look Down series. It’s breathtakingly good.
- Needle Felting For Beginners with Dizzydollylou May 16th here at my home. Still places available! Don’t leave it too late to book.
- May Summer School for Kids: Journey to the River Sea 26th-30th May designed and run by me. I’m especially excited about this. It’s going to be a brilliant week of adventure through reading, art and craft. Aimed at children aged 8-12. Get in touch for more details because places will be limited.
- Coptic Bookbinding 5thJuly designed and run by me at Keep on Crafting, Bury St Edmunds. Call Mandy to book a place. 01284 701101.
So… heaps of opportunity to get involved with the Makery. Don’t miss out!
An example of what you could be making if you’re coming to my workshop at Keep on Crafting on Saturday. This is just one option- upcycled from a set of file dividers. The workshop for this Saturday is booked up. There are still spaces available on Apil 24th. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re interested in booking a spot!