An example of what you could be making if you’re coming to my workshop at Keep on Crafting on Saturday. This is just one option- upcycled from a set of file dividers. The workshop for this Saturday is booked up. There are still spaces available on Apil 24th. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re interested in booking a spot!
Made from a lovely soft piece of leather I found for 20p in a recycle shop, lined with quilting fabric and fastened with a leather thong. This is my prototype re-fillable journal. I plan to make many! And then to design beautiful notebooks, diaries, calendars and pages to fill them. I’m happy with:
- the colour scheme
- the fold-over function to protect the page edge
- the macrame knotted accents
I’m unhappy with:
- the stability of the lining – it will need additional stitching
- the thickness of the thongs which close the journal – it’s too fiddly
- the corners of the leather – need to be rounded to look more “finished”
- the length of the second inner thong – it needs to be wider in order to hole a second signature
Additionally I’d like to add some or all of the following features:
- inner pen or brush holder
- inner pocket
- book mark
- spine adornments – charms or some such
Let me know what you think!