As part of my plan to take over the world, this is the new online home for MoonMunkie. Please (please, please!) click the subscribe button, especially if you followed the old blog. It’s a bit of a risk for me, moving to a new domain, because I’d built up a modest but solid following at the old one. However, owning MoonMunkie.co.uk gives me more flexibility with what I can post and how I structure things. (Also lots of scope for not knowing the first thing about what I’m doing and getting cross because I can’t work it out!) So do please follow along and support me.
So, in the spirit of newness and excitement, I’m hosting a very exciting MoonMunkie giveaway throughout May. The winner will receive a free private lesson for 2 people in the new studio, Bury St Edmunds, UK. All materials included. On a mutually convenient date in July or August.
I envisage it will be a bookbinding lesson, but if you’d prefer something different, we can arrange it. And overseas followers, don’t despair! I’m also giving away 2 runner up prizes! 2 people will each receive one of my new (and as yet unveiled!) bookbinding kits, complete with instructions and materials to make your own mini art journal.
How to win?
Well, subscribe to this page and comment below. I’d also be grateful if you could like MoonMunkie on facebook and share this giveaway with as many people as you can. I’m trying to hit 300 likes on facebook before the summer.
Thanks so much for dropping by.
I received an complete surprise in the mail yesterday. I had 100% forgotten that I was one of 5 winners of Seek Speak’s Moon Munkie Mystery Make. And yesteday a wonderful packet arrived. It was HUGE! And crammed full of goodies, all wrapped in a gorgeous brown scarf. I don’t think I’m going to be able to cut that. It might just have to be worn as it is.
Here’s what was inside.
- A beautiful blue vest top with a beaded top.
- A length of the softest pink gingham with a floral motif
- A length of white lace curtain
- A piece of batik in browns
- A suns and stars fabric in blue and bright yellow
- 5 gorgeous origami papers and a heart cut out of a similar design
- A metre or more of 1 inch elastic in pwder blue
- A metre or more of a dainty lace trim n yellow and white
- And my favourite item: a dress pattern. It’s a lovely long dress and even better, it has the words EASY across the top. So I might even be able to make something I can wear.
- A white plastic grid thingy (bottom left of the photo). I have no idea what this is. It’s divided into small squares and they are sectioned off in larger squares. It’s very flexible. Maybe for a tapestry? If you know what it is, do let me know!
Oh, how exciting. I have 420 ideas just now, but I don’t know where I’ll eventually go. Do please give me your ideas in the comments
Gosh, I’m so excited at this news that I can’t wait to tell you all about it. Two otherMoon Munkie Mystery Makes are underway! I hadn’t realised, but 2 of the winners of the competition I ran are doing their giveaways straightaway! So why not head on over and take part… that way if you missed out on the Moon Munkie packages, you still have 2 more chances to win. And while you’re at it, why not run a Moon Munkie Mystery Make of your own? (Be sure to drop me a line so I can enter!)
So, drop what you’re doing and pop over right away to visit Sica at The Seek Speak and Kat at Modern Vintage Cupcakes and you could pick up a package of goodies.
If you decide to run your own Moon Munkie Mystery Make, help yourself to my button and drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll post about it too!
*This competition is now closed. Winners will be announced soon.*
I so enjoyed taking part in Sew Thankful last week. It was great to be talking with people from all over the place who sew all kinds of things. It’s given me confidence to attempt an experiment which I’ve been wanting to try for a while. And here it is: the Moon Munkie Mystery Make. I have 4 mystery parcels. They are bursting at the seams with beautiful bits and pieces from my stash. The packages are almost identical in content: more than 20 items in each. Some vintage some more modern, with a colour theme running through. I want to give them away. Would you like one?
If you do, then read on and see the guidelines for the giveaway.
1) They need to go to people with sewing or crafting type blogs which are updated
at least weekly. Regularly. Weekly is too hard when we’re all busy making.
2) From the date you receive the parcel, you have 4 weeks to create something inspired by the items in the parcel.
3) You may use all or some of the items in the parcel and you may add from your own stash or buy additional items.
5) At the end of the 4 weeks (or before if you’re quick!) you agree to blog about the item you made (with a link to Moon Munkie) and the processes you went through – with pictures of course! You can also blog as you go along if you like. A tutorial for making your item is not essential, but would be appreciated!
6) I will also blog about the challenge. I’ll link to your blog from mine and from my facebook page. So hopefully your blog will get lots of extra visits, too.
7) Optional You could then do the same sort of thing. Offer 4 packages from your stash to other crafters. I wonder how far it would spread? I hope you will do this, but I don’t want to make it mandatory in case it puts people off joining in. [Edit: I didn’t mean for people to do this until they’re ready. It’s not a condition for entering.]
So, if you think this would be fun grab the Moon Munkie Mystery Make button and show it on your blog, so other people can hear and take part. Then leave a comment below to tell me a bit about you. Put a link to your blog. I’ll leave the competition open until Tuesday 21st February and then I’ll use a random number generator to pick four people.
I do hope that lots of people want to take part. I’m thinking of making it a regular feature if it’s popular.
I’m really pleased to announce that the winner of the Sew Thankful Week Giveaway is House of Pinheiro! And I do recommend that you pop over there and have a look at her amazing blog. Is there anything the woman can’t do? She’s got a Valentine Giveaway going on all month, too. So well worth a visit. Thanks to everyone who took part and also to everyone else who did Sew Thankful Giveaways. It was such a fun week and I came across lots of cool makers out there in Internet Land.
In the same vein, I’m going to be starting another competition tomorrow. It’s called the Moon Munkie Mystery Make. I have 4 paper packages (tied up with string) containing a few of my favourite things. Pop back tomorrow to find out how to get your hands on one of them.
I just decided to join in with today’s Sew Thankful Giveaway. It’s the last minute, I know! My giveaway is for one felt cupcake pin cushion. (You can see a set of 6 below that my Moon Munkie is baking in her oven – minus the pins of course!) You can enter by leaving a comment. If you’d care to follow me too, I’d be so grateful. But it’s not a requirement for entering.
I’ll leave the giveaway open until Wednesday
14th 15th February (because I’m away for the weekend) so anyone who wants to has lots of time to enter. And even if you don’t win, you can go to the cupcake post and get the template and pattern to make your own! What could be nicer to celebrate Sew Grateful Week?
Can anyone rehome this sad little baby? He was made on request for a friend who wanted a brown and orange stripey monkey. Sadly the only socks I could find in brown and orange were rather cheap and unravelled faster than I could sew them. So he’s got a few seams in places where seams should not be. He’s not well made enough to go for sale, but he’s too cute to just go in the bin. If anyone would like him, he’s available for free. Probably better if he’s allowed to sit quietly somewhere without too much playing. Poor little baby monkey. I hope someone can help him out. Comment on the MoonMunkie facebook page if you’re interested.
The Moon Munkie Shop is now open! To celebrate I’m giving away a hand made item from the shop. You can choose from either a Baby Kimono or a Pencil Roll. To enter the competition, all you have to do is go over to the Moon Munkie shop on Etsy and send me your email address through the Conversation function. Make sure to tell me whether you’d prefer the kimono or the pencil roll!! On Friday September 3rd I’ll use a random number generator to pick who wins. I’ll even throw in free post and packaging (within the UK), because I’m just so excited.
And to whet your appetite here are some photos of items available for whimsical purchasery. Go on. You know you want to!